Taking care of a baby is a huge responsibility. Babies need to be put down for sleep, diapers need to be changed, and they need to be fed now and then. Parents rarely get much time for any other task as babies consume most of their time. However, making baby food is not a very time-consuming activity as food makers for babies are now widely available to help new parents to prepare baby food in no time.
There are many appliances, which makes it easy, quick and cost-effective to make baby food at home. These appliances include food processors, blenders and baby food maker. It is hard to say which one is the best for making baby food as it all depends on what your requirement is, how much you can spend on the appliance, storage needs and whether you’re looking for a multipurpose unit.
Here we list down the best-selling baby food makers in Malaysia. (2023 Update)
Contents • Isi Kandungan
- 1. (4-in-1) Baby Food Processor Blender – Steam & Blend
- 2. Panaletrik Baby Food Maker
- 3. Philips Avent 4-in-1 Baby Food Maker SCF883/02
- 4. OUKE Baby Food Processor
- 5. Beaba – Babycook Neo 4-in-1 Food Maker
- 6. Little Bean Premium Digital Food Processor-BB LBP 906
- 7. Autumnz 2-in-1 Baby Food Processor
- 8. QOOC 4-in-1 Baby Food Maker
- 9. Baby Bullet Baby Food Maker
- 10. RS586 Mini Baby Food (manual) Blender
- Features of a Good Baby Food Maker:
- Types of Baby Food Makers/Processors
- Consider Following Factors while Buying Baby Food Maker
1. (4-in-1) Baby Food Processor Blender – Steam & Blend
Easy to operate with one dial that controls all functions. Ideal for most food types, including fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, etc.
- A 4-in-1 function that includes steaming, blending, reheating and defrosting.
- Excellent quality Tritan material.
- BPA-free and uses environmental-friendly and recyclable material.
- Easy to operate and clean.
2. Panaletrik Baby Food Maker
- The multi-function 2-in-1 food maker cooks and retains all the nutrients and creates healthy and delicious dishes.
- Simple to use – one dial controls all functions.
- Suitable for all food types (fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, etc.).
- Equipped with a built-in water storage tank for cooking functions, and the food bowl can hold up to 500ml of food at a time.
- Not only it is easy to use, but compact and portable too.
3. Philips Avent 4-in-1 Baby Food Maker SCF883/02
- From steaming to blending, you can do them all in one convenient jar.
- From pureed to chunky, the 4-in-1 healthy baby food maker enables you to make nutritious homemade meals using the same jar.
- The 1000ml jar allows you to cook up to four meals at a time.
- The jar and blade are dishwasher-safe, and the water tank is easy to access.
- A distinctive beep will alert you when the food is ready.
4. OUKE Baby Food Processor
With its 300W heating power and powerful 120W blending motor, you can steam and blend fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry and fish swiftly and efficiently. This device features a built-in water storage tank if you opt to steam, and the food bowl can store up to 500ml of food at one time.
5. Beaba – Babycook Neo 4-in-1 Food Maker
- Uniquely designed baby food maker with a glass bowl & a stainless steel steam basket.
- There are four main settings: steam cook, blend, reheat or defrost.
- The reservoir can be accessed easily.
- Unique blend feature that allows you to control the consistency.
- Patented steam cooking system.
- Large 1250 ml dishwasher-safe bowl.
- BPA, Lead & Phthalate free.
- Made in France and comes with 5 Years Warranty.
6. Little Bean Premium Digital Food Processor-BB LBP 906
- Four main functions: steaming, blending, warming, sterilising.
- Digital LCD display and a smart touch control.
- Tranparent water tank with LED light.
- The water tank has an auto-clean function.
- BPA-free material.
7. Autumnz 2-in-1 Baby Food Processor
- A versatile 2-in1 appliance that blends and steams food, so that the nutrients can be preserved to make healthier and tastier meals.
- Uses one dial that controls all functions, making it very easy to use.
- Ideal for all food types.
- Durable & safe to use – comes with BPA-Free Tritan Processing Bowl.
8. QOOC 4-in-1 Baby Food Maker
- Four powerful functions in one compact appliance – ideal for busy parents to steam, blend, reheat, and defrost a healthy homemade baby food in just 15 minutes!
- Innovative One-Handed Controls that makes it easy to cook and store food with just one hand.
- The premium precision prep blade makes it fast and easy to quickly chop/puree everything, from fruit to nuts to veggies with a single press of a button.
- The compact size means it can be stored in tight spaces.
- Easy to clean, and all components are dishwasher safe.
- Built with quality and safest materials – all are BPA, lead, and phthalate-free and shatterproof so you can make healthy meals for your baby with confidence.
9. Baby Bullet Baby Food Maker
Prepare an all-natural baby food in less than 5 minutes! You’ll enjoy making fresh, organic, nutrient-rich baby food in an instant. Pour your puree into one of the six BPA-free storage cups, which features a date dial to note when the baby food was made.
10. RS586 Mini Baby Food (manual) Blender
- Non-slip sole and transparent body.
- Two pieces of sharp stainless steel blades, ideal for slicing boneless meat, poultry, vegetables/fruit salads, etc.
- Easy to clean.
Features of a Good Baby Food Maker:
Safety of a baby should always remain the topmost priority; for that, you must check whether the food maker’s make is harmful to the baby or not. Some food makers have a plastic which is not BPA-free and also contains lead and phthalate; both are highly unsafe to use. Furthermore, you have to make sure that the food maker’s parts are shatterproof so that your baby doesn’t get any part of the food maker in their meal as this can be very harmful.
Storage & Portability
Always go for a food maker that is easy to store and can be easily be moved around if needed. If you are travelling, you might need a portable food maker that you can bring along.
Easy to Use
Food maker should be easy to use. It should not take you a lot of time to assemble the appliance before making a meal each time. You should be able to operate it easily. Thoroughly evaluate the food maker before making a purchase. Your hands are already full of baby responsibilities, and you do not need the extra work. Go for the one which is easy to assemble and handle.
Check the food maker’s efficiency. Always go for a food maker that will make food with ease and quickly.
Food maker should be long-lasting because you do not want to be stuck in the hassle of getting it repaired again and again or investing in a new one after a short period of time. Choose a food maker with good built quality that can last for a long time. You should also check food maker’s warranty before making a purchase. A food maker with a more extended warranty period will allow you to use it without any worry.
Easy to Clean
Food processors that can be cleaned easily seem to be a better choice. Select a food maker which is dishwasher friendly and detachable so all parts can be cleaned.
Food processors mostly come with accessories. Choose one that has essential accessories like food tray, containers, etc. so that you don’t have to spend extra money on getting these accessories separately.
Types of Baby Food Makers/Processors
Basically, there are three types of baby food makers available in the market:
All-in-one food maker has all features. It blends, steam, and performs other functions as well. These types of food makers also come with bowl and reservoir of water for steaming.
Blenders are also commonly used for preparing baby food; however, if you’re using a blender only, you’ll have to cook baby’s meal first and then blend it to make a puree. It is easy to use and clean.
Manual Food Mill
This food maker is operated manually and does not require any power. First, you need to cook baby food and then use your energy to smash and manually blend the baby food. A manual food mill is a very time-consuming appliance; therefore, it is the least preferred appliance of all three.
Consider Following Factors while Buying Baby Food Maker
Manual Vs. Electric
First, you should ask yourself whether you need a food maker that makes baby food on its own or the one which requires your time and energy to make baby food. Electric food makers operate with power. They are easy to use, consumes less time and energy and quicker. Whereas, manual food makers do not require any power as they are operated manually. They are convenient, especially for people who have to travel often and also if you need a processor to take on the go.
Different food makers have different purposes as they all come in different sizes with different functionality. Some units offer all features, such as blending, steaming and cooking. Whereas, some food makers provide only one or two basic features, such as blending. First, you need to assess your need and requirement and then select a food maker which fulfills the purpose. Having said this, most people go for multipurpose food makers as they have additional features. Always determine whether you need these extra features before paying its cost.
Age of your baby also plays a vital role in selecting a food maker. Babies take purees until they have teeth and can digest solid food. Depending on the baby’s age, you will determine whether you require a streamer, cook or blender or all of them in one unit.
Everyone wants a food maker that suits and fits in their budget because with a baby; there are also other added expenses. Some food makers are expensive, especially the multi-functional ones. Always select a cost-effective food maker; it does not have to be the most expensive one. Do a cost and benefit analysis before making the purchase.