Even before starting to cruise, you will begin to notice that your baby has already begun attempting to get on their feet more often than before, by the help of either their toys or any nearby furniture in order to stand up.
This is why baby walkers are made to help and motivate your little one to start walking. The right kind of model is going to help develop the main muscle groups of your baby, which are responsible for proper locomotion. Plus, a good quality walker is also supposed to make your child get used to balancing themselves on their two feet.
Usually, baby walkers come in two types. The first ones are the traditional kind, known as sit-to-stand walkers, while the modern ones are made with seat-inclusive designs. Both of these types have their own benefits and drawbacks. However, both types of walkers are capable of giving babies the support they need in order to explore the world around them at a pace they are comfortable with.
Here are some of the best-selling baby walkers you can get in Malaysia. (2022 Update)
Contents • Isi Kandungan
- 1. Mamakiddies Baby Walker With Walk Assistance & Activity Tray
- 2. Little One Baby Walker Duck With Stopper
- 3. Baby Walker with Detachable Roof and Handle Bar (BAY0085)
- 4. Simple and Compact Baby Walker with Music (BAY0087)
- 5. Little One Baby Walker Racing Car Model
- 6. My Dear (20004) Baby Walker
- 7. Foldable Baby Walker With Wide Base (BAY0083)
- 8. Musical Push Walker (MKMPR827)
- 9. VINS Baby Walker
- 10. Baby Walker With Music
- 11. Mitoyos 2 in 1 Musical Piano Lion Walker
- 12. Wooden Baby Walker With Multi-Functional Learning Toys
- Buyer's Guide
- How to Choose the Best Baby Walker for Your Baby?
- Important Baby Walker Features to Look Out for Before Buying One
1. Mamakiddies Baby Walker With Walk Assistance & Activity Tray
- Recommended age: From 7 months & above.
- Walker with a comfortable padded seat, music function & toy tray.
- Adjustable seat cushion height.
- Functions include walker and activity centre with a jumping board.
- Comfortable padded seat with high backrest for comfort and safety.
- Baby can learn to identify colour, music and light during the brain development stage.
- Teach them to balance, hand and leg coordination prior to walking.
- Suitable for 9-18 months, a toddler can learn to walk using the walk assistance.
- You can nest this walker into a compact shape, making it easy to store when not in use.
2. Little One Baby Walker Duck With Stopper
- Suitable for children aged from 6 months old to 18 months old.
- Baby walker equipped with English language music tray.
- Three adjustable height as your baby grows.
- Can be folded for travel and comes with storage with a stopper.
- Maximum recommended weight is 12kg.
3. Baby Walker with Detachable Roof and Handle Bar (BAY0085)
- Recommended age: 6-18 months
- Maximum weight capacity: 15kg
- Comes with a detachable roof and handle bar.
- Fun and attractive cartoon themed design with music (requires 2 x AA batteries).
- Adjustable height to fit and grow with your baby.
- Sturdy and foldable into a compact size for easy storage.
- Can be converted from baby walker into baby rocker.
- Stable base to prevent any accidental turn over.
- Toys can be removed from the platform and turned into a feeding tray.
4. Simple and Compact Baby Walker with Music (BAY0087)
- Recommended age: 6-12 months
- Weight capacity: 15 kg
- 3 levels of height adjustments (Maximum height: 36cm, Minimum height: 31cm)
- Built-in music functions (requires 2 x AA batteries)
- Comes with a safety harness.
- Removable seat (washable) and toy platform (which you can covert into food tray).
5. Little One Baby Walker Racing Car Model
- Comes with 2 stoppers, 7 wheels, 10 music tracks with light.
- Needs 2 PCS AA Battery (not included).
- With toy tray design that can stimulate & entertain your baby.
- Removable seat cover and for easy washing.
- It is equipped with wheel stopper for safety.
- Can be folded to make it easy to store and carry around.
6. My Dear (20004) Baby Walker
My Dear Baby Walker features eight wheels with two stoppers on the left and right side of the walker. The seat is padded to provide support, so your baby can sit back comfortably. The seat is also adjustable so that your baby can stand and balanced easily. This walker has a safety lock, and the seat height is adjustable.
7. Foldable Baby Walker With Wide Base (BAY0083)
- Attractive cartoon themed walker – suitable for toddlers.
- Stable base to prevent accidental turn over.
- The height of the seat is adjustable (multiple positions can be adjusted using a belt).
- Has a detachable and washable seat pad.
- Detachable roof to protect baby from sunlight and rain.
- Comes with a detachable handlebar.
- You can convert the platform into a feeding tray by removing the toy compartment.
8. Musical Push Walker (MKMPR827)
- This walker can also be used to exercise your baby’s hearing, sense of touch, cognitive abilities.
- Offers two ways to play: push it along the floor, or sit down and play.
- Adjustable screw enables you to change its speed according to the walking pace, so the baby can learn to walk safely.
- With a solid triangle structure, the walker can assist the baby to maintain the balance of the body to form the correct walking posture.
- This Musical Walker uses non-toxic materials and is eco-friendly.
9. VINS Baby Walker
VINS Baby Learning Walker has a variety of play modes. Comes with rotatable, flippable parts for babies to play with. Equipped with a smart interactive dual language (English and Chinese) learning machine. Requires only two AA batteries. The walker can play can music, songs, alphabet, arithmetic and also quiz mode that can keep your baby busy.
10. Baby Walker With Music
Pretty much the same with the VINS Baby Walker but with different design and colours. Yes, you can adjust the sound volume.
11. Mitoyos 2 in 1 Musical Piano Lion Walker
- Recommended age: 6 – 36 month
- Two different “grow-with-me” ways for a baby to play.
- With lights, sounds and eight different hands-on activities: Light-up nose, musical piano keys, peek-a-boo mirror, flip page, bat-at roller-ball ears, clacker-bead toes, spinning dial, slider butterfly.
- Your baby will be able to pull up, stand and walk, with this sturdy lion friend.
- 4-wheel base.
- Requires 3 AA batteries.
12. Wooden Baby Walker With Multi-Functional Learning Toys
- This baby walker is designed to be fun and engaging for your little ones.
- Stimulate children’s cognitive ability, imagination, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Sturdy craftsmanship from woods, the paint is also non-toxic.
- Protect your floors with quality rubber-trimmed wheels.
Your child is able to start their cruising journey whenever they feel ready by using either one of these walkers, even before they begin to balance themselves properly. Plus, there is a lower chance of them falling in case they get tired. Hence, they can freely work on their coordination and strength inside a stress-free and safe environment.
Moreover, walkers also provide an entertainment factor. Besides teaching them how to walk, they also consist of a wide variety of engaging and fun toys. Due to these additional features, your child’s imagination gets stimulated, and they get rewarded for their efforts. Plus, your child gets to stay on their feet for as long as possible, which is essential when it comes to developing their muscle mass and coordination that is required for them to walk.
Picking out the perfect and right baby walker can get a bit tough due to a wide variety of walkers that are available in the market these days. Hence, choosing a walker that will match your baby’s needs is not going to be easy.
Therefore, in order to help you solve that problem, we present this excellent buying guide that will surely help you tick each and every box and guide you on what you should look out for when you are out buying your baby’s first walker.
How to Choose the Best Baby Walker for Your Baby?
When you are shopping for your baby’s first walker, first you need to pick the type of walker you want, whether it is the sit-to-stand type or one with a modern design.
Usually, traditional walkers have four wheels, a long base, plus a simple bar or handle that the baby uses to stand up. These walkers offer a decent combination of mobility and balance. However, when it comes to safety, they do not have many of the modernised safety features that can stop your baby from falling.
The modern walkers greatly differ from the traditional ones. In these walkers, your baby is suspended above the ground; hence they have the choice to sit or walk whenever they feel like it. These walkers consist of a comfortable padded seat, four or more wheels, and overall are much safer because of features like locking wheels, extra-wide bases, and anti-slip feet.
On a side note: You should never leave your child completely unsupervised for any amounts of time. With that being said, due to certain reliable and trustworthy safety features, modern walkers allow you to take a breather when it comes to keeping an eye on your child. Plus, it is usually alright to leave the child in the sit-to-stand walker as you are doing your normal tasks inside the same room.
Important Baby Walker Features to Look Out for Before Buying One
When it comes to baby walkers, safety is the number one priority. It needs to be the most important feature in a walker, so you know your child will be safe whenever they use it. Therefore, here are a few points you need to remember for safety:
- For a baby who isn’t ready to walk yet and is too young, a walker that does not have wheels is the right choice. This will let your child stay up and stand by themselves.
- Pick a baby walker that has a wide base, if your baby is ready to start walking. Due to a wide base, your baby will stay safe from bumping into any furniture or their corners, hence keeping them safe from getting injured.
- For a house that has stairs, there are baby walkers that contain a mechanism which helps in preventing your child from falling.
Moving on, here are the other features you should keep in mind before purchasing your first baby walker.
Height That Can Be Adjusted
As everyone knows, a baby grows up quickly. Therefore, a walker that has a fixed height will eventually become uncomfortable for them to use as they grow up. Hence, a baby walker with easily adjustable height is a much better option for the long run. Or else, you will end up buying a new baby walker as your child grows.
Levels of Comfort
The comfort of your baby matters greatly when it comes to a baby walker. Your child will not use a walker if they are not comfortable in it. Therefore, you need to pick a walker with a nicely padded seat. This padded seat will let your child stay inside the walker for a long time without getting tired.
Convenience and Portability
There are times when you have to travel from one place to another and might need your child’s baby walker with you. That is why you need to buy a foldable baby walker. You can easily carry it and take it with you wherever you need to. Plus, you also save up space when your child isn’t using the baby walker.
Its Built Quality
The baby walker’s built quality is also important when you are buying one. Baby walkers mostly come with different kinds of toys that are attached to it. Therefore, you need to double-check that these toys are fitted properly, and there’s no chance that your child will be able to break a piece off and put it in their mouth. Plus, the walker and the toys should not have any sharp ends that may hurt your child.
This is another vital feature to look for. Your chosen baby walker needs to be light and easy to move. A child will not use a baby walker that is difficult to move and requires help from the parents.